Certified Dental Laboratories
Should your dental lab be certified?
How can you show your dental clients and their patients that your dental laboratory is a cut above the rest? In the dental technology industry, dental technicians and dental laboratory owners who want to be recognized for their advanced levels of professionalism and quality seek to become certified.
Certified dental laboratories meet high standards pertaining to employee safety and education, physical facility equipment and processes, quality assurance procedures, guarantees and more. Certified dental laboratories meet strict infection control and case management standards, ensuring high levels of safety.
Savvy dental patients ask their chosen dental clinics to share information about their dental lab partners. Patients want to know that their dental crowns, dentures, veneers or All on 4 prostheses will be fabricated by the best dental labs in Costa Rica. Smart dental labs get certified to demonstrate a commitment to quality and safety.
- Increased quality and efficiency
- Improved facility and management standards
- Increased credibility
- Increased revenues
- Enhanced visibility
Certified Dental Laboratory Attributes:
Certification is a basic minimum standard in dental laboratory quality and technological investment. Certified dental laboratories have demonstrated their technical qualifications against a national standard and displayed their commitment to maintaining quality dental technology to maintain quality work. Since certification is voluntary, Costa Rica dental laboratory certification represents compliance with international dental laboratory standards and a step toward becoming a leading dental laboratory in Costa Rica. Dental labs that achieve certification demonstrate pride in the quality and professionalism of their products and services.
A Certified Dental Laboratory must:
- Employ Certified Dental Technicians, who are committed to specified continuing education standards.
- Provide documentation of facility compliance with accepted health and safety standards, ensuring that Certified dental laboratories comply with necessary standards of occupational health and safety. Certified dental laboratories must meet standards of lighting, ventilation and overall maintenance to make the laboratory a desirable working environment.
- Maintain high levels of infection control. Dental technicians must be current with new technological developments, practice theory, and dental restoration techniques. Certified dental laboratories should support continuing education opportunities for employees for constant professional improvement.
- Comply with all legal requirements and with the OSHA standards for hazard communication and Bloodborne pathogen exposure control.