In a 2020 survey of Costa Rica dental tourism patients, 100% of patients (243 surveyed) indicated that they would prefer to work with a certified dentist as opposed to a dentist who has not been certified. When presented with the benefits of certification, all patients surveyed would prefer to have their dental work performed by a certified dentist in Costa Rica.
The Costa Rica Dental Association offers a valuable certification program for general dentists and dental specialists. Dentist may choose from Basic or Advanced certification. Dentists may also receive special certification for their area of specialization. Additionally, dentists in the Costa Rica dental tourism industry may also earn a special certification for English-language dental proficiency.
The following certification programs are available for Costa Rica Dentists:
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Dental Implants
- English Proficiency in Dental Care
Patients are advised to seek certified dentists for their Costa Rica dental care, to ensure high quality service and superior results. Patients may contact CRDA for a list of certified dentists in Costa Rica.
To apply for CRDA certification or to ask any questions, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dentists must be licensed by the nation of Costa Rica. This involves completing a four- or five-year degree program and passing written and practical examinations.
- Dentists who want to be board certified have additional educational and residency requirements.
- In order to be certified in General Dentistry through the Costa Rica Dental Association, dentists must provide proof of post-doctoral residency or sufficient professional practice experience. Once eligibility is demonstrated, the dentist must meet CRDA certification guidelines.